Krita is an open source graphics application. You can use it for drawing and with some settings you can also use it for pixel art to create your next game.
Just follow the steps in the video:
- Settings / General / Window and put Multiple Document Mode to Subwindows
- Settings / Grid Settings use a bright color for Pixel Grid and set Start showing to around 1000 or less
- Create a new file use for example 64 by 64 pixel
- Window / New Window and select the same window. Now you can position a small version of the window in the top corner for example to see a small version of the sprite
- Last but not least, make sure any selections you do are in pixel mode without anti aliasing and not in vectormode.